Saturday, March 14, 2009

With Apologies to Kris

Well, I woke up Saturday morning with no way to hold my head that didn’t hurt;
From drinking too much coffee, trying to force my tiny pinhead brain to work.
So I brewed myself a litre of the foulest blackest stuff you’ve ever seen
And I went up to my office and I fired up my Intel Inside machine.

Then the lights went out in Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkey too.
And it shut down my computer. What the hell I’m gonna do?
And there’s nothing, even crying, keeps the week from going ‘round.
Saturday morning’s line repair time, here in Marianivka town.

It rained last night the gardens wet, so Tanya took the car to Krivii Rih.
Andrei drove her shopping so the house was left to Kuchma Cat and me.
I settled in to work to get this paper done sometime before I die.
The pages flew and I could see at tunnel’s end sunshine and some blue sky.

Then the lights went out in Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkey too.
And it shut down my computer. What the hell I’m gonna do?
And there’s nothing, even crying, keeps the week from going ‘round.
Saturday morning’s line repair time, here in Marianivka town.

4 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog,wish you all the best for your adventure in Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you spent Saturday in an "un-en-lightened" situation.

    Perhaps you need to invest in one of these $100, wind-up computers that are taking third-world countries by storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awful! Poor you. May I ask how you came to be there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, the lights only stay off for a few minutes each time so I got lots done. Finished first draft and will rewrite all today and ship it.

    N - See this blog
    http://dablogfodder.blogspot.com/2008/10/why-i-live-in-ukraine.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted