Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hard Times Come Again No More - Mavis Staples

Utah Savage posted this song on her blog a few days back.  I downloaded it and have been playing it over and over.  It is beautiful.  It is sad.  It is a powerful reminder that hard times haunt a great many people still, in every country of the world.  Greed and poverty seem to go hand in hand since the dawn of time.  The pictures on the one video are from the '30's but I could find pictures every bit as tragic today here in rural Ukraine or any part of the FSU. 



4 comments:

  1. Hey where'd you get that picture of me and my family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me going on this one, BF. You know what occurs when that happens.

    You can check out my notes on my "Chrome" blog.

    Thanks so much for the "heads up."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demeur, your family and thousands of other's.
    Rob, your blog post is very eloquent. Thank you for picking up on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog Fodder,

    Thanks so much for posting this. I have nothing but absolute love for Mavis Staples. Truly one of the most beautiful voices in the world. I'll hold on to this one and listen to it over and over again.

    Coyote

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted