Monday, September 19, 2011

Grace in Small Things #2

1. Tanya's fall bulb order arrived from Interflora today.  $75 worth.  It is a big box.  I may not have promised her a Rose Garden but she is creating a botanical garden.

2. Another man came to finish spading our garden today since the first couple have not returned. Spading over 625 square meters (6600 square feet) of dry clay is asking a lot of anyone and I think they just wore out.  The new guy had been here before, taking out a tree that was interfering with the power line. He said he would finish the garden as long as Tanya would give him flowers for his garden.

3. When we were away at Pryluky a couple weeks ago, our hot water boiler was fired up and we have hot water to the sink and Tanya's bathroom again.  Makes doing dishes much nicer.

4. "Where is my ice-cream?" is our new standing one-liner.  Tanya and I are so forgetful, (both of us but me more so) we are like the old couple watching TV one evening when the old lady says "Would you like something to eat?"  The old man says "I'd like coffee and toast". The old lady shuffles off to the kitchen and brings back tea and cornflakes.  The old man says "Where is my ice-cream?"

5. Twelve-year-old Glenlivet, an early birthday present from Tanya.

3 comments:

  1. Delightful, BF; delightful.
    But twelve-year-old Glenlivet is no "small thing." Bear may not be the brightest creature in the bush, but he knows a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ice cream joke. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't look at the price tag but I suspect you are right, RB. It is sitting on the counter in its gift box, waiting for my birthday. Or sundown which ever comes first.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted