Thursday, April 5, 2012

My New Man Purse

Today, Tanya actually asked me to help in the yard.  Guess she figured nothing was growing enough that I could kill it where we were working.  We finished raking and cleaning the leaves and dead grass under the cherry and apple trees in the back of the yard and also in the strawberry patch.  She said if a few plants got pulled out when we were raking it was OK. 

We had six small fires going at one time.  Good thing the wind was south to north as we suddenly noticed Lucia (to the south of us)  had wash on the line.  Why neighbours kill each other. 

Gardening is in full swing all around the city.  Most are raked over nice and smooth and several people are planting something.  Not sure what.  After school a Grade 10 boy (grandson of neighbour Big Victor) showed up with a small section of diamond harrow and a big cement block and harrowed the kitchen garden for us, pulling the harrow himself with a rope.  We will also hire him and several of his friends to do a thorough clean up of the yard next door and then have a huge bonfire.  It is a mess as the house has not been lived in for several years and no one looks after the place.

An error in filling out a form caused us some excitement and grief.  The error was corrected at no cost other than excess adrenalin.  While there may be different versions of what caused the error, it undoubtedly was my fault.  I am the husband.  Forgiveness cost only two pairs of new shoes, black pumps and white sandals. Which made Tanya so happy, I got to buy a leather man purse.  It says Giorgio Armani on it which Andrei says should be translated as Made in Armenia.

I can hardly wait to go into The Swamp at Agribition in my European shoes and carrying a man purse.

The well dressed European



7 comments:

  1. If you bring that purse to Saskatchewan, do you think you might get laughed off the farm, as well as out of Agribition? I think you're living pretty dangerously, Blog Fodder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be totally intended to annoy the $500 hat and $0.50 brain crowd.

      Delete
  2. It's not a man purse..it's a "murse" . Looks very nice and I'd say go for it, Al. Take it when you next go back to Sk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murse. Good name. And I sure will take it to Canada with me.

      Delete
  3. Mountain men use to call them their possible sacks - no one laughed at Liver Eating Johnson.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few centuries back, men, not women carried purses. I do like the Possible Sack name. I wouldn't argue with Liver Eating Johnson either.

      Delete
  4. I love them both!! You'll look like one classy man.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted